A 5 year goal:
1. Invite others to grow harvest eat play (you're invited!)
2. Grow harvest eat play (organically) in my small space
3. Inspire others in my community (i.e. strata complex, 140+ units) to grow harvest eat play too
4. Inspire others in local community (many stratas - townhouse jungle) to grow harvest eat play
4. Create community garden
5. Include family, especially 2-year old son, in all of the above
UBC Farm is the last piece of working farmland in Vancouver. It is an important site not only for growing food, but also for academic research to improve sustainable food production practices. The University Administration, however, wants to build private residential neighberhoods over the farm to make profit. I want to save the farm.
-->The Student Environment Centre (SEC) and Friends of the UBC Farm (FOF) are thrilled to be hosting a conference at the end of September entitled “Food is Fundamental”. The conference is being held to educate, discuss and take action on pressing “food issues” that concern people, the environment and the economy in both local and global contexts.
City Farmer has made this map/list of those who are both looking for space to garden, and those offering garden space. If you don’t see a suitable partner, add yourself to the list and wait for a call. Keep checking back to see if a match turns up. Well done!