Citing a shortage of nursing staff and not wanting to jeopardize patient safety, Banff Mineral Springs Hospital has (temporarily) closed the Obstetrics Program. Because I cannot be there to physically show my support to my close friends and the community, I want to do what I can help reverse this decision and urge the Hospital, Covenant Health, the Alberta provincial government and the Calgary Health Region to re-open the ward and allow small town parents to have personal, calming hospital birthing experiences and support.
A 5 year goal:
1. Invite others to grow harvest eat play (you're invited!)
2. Grow harvest eat play (organically) in my small space
3. Inspire others in my community (i.e. strata complex, 140+ units) to grow harvest eat play too
4. Inspire others in local community (many stratas - townhouse jungle) to grow harvest eat play
4. Create community garden
5. Include family, especially 2-year old son, in all of the above
A little while ago I nominated our online community ChangeEverything.ca for the 2008 Webby Awards - the Internet Industry's most respected symbol of success (kind of like the Academy Awards for the internet). Last week I got word that we have been selected as one of 5 finalists in our category (social networking).
This is a huge honour and a very big deal. The other four nominees in our category are some of the biggest developments in social networking of the last year or two (Facebook for example)
The two awards we are up for are considered the most sought after awards in the Internet Industry with over 10,000 entries from over 60 countries being submitted this year alone. The list of judges who selected us as a finalist and will select the winner include