It's not too late to close the Gate(way Project)!!
Continue to speak out against the Gateway project: It's not too late, it's not a done deal!!
Here are some reasons (Source: SPEC):
1) There's no money (feds won't contribute)
2) It makes no sense (prohibitive cost)
3) There's no proof it would help
4) There's no support (the GVRD has voted to oppose the project)
5) There's no time -- we need solutions now, to climate change and traffic congestion.
Here's what you can do:
• Go to www.spec.bc.ca and sign their petition
• Write Premier Gordon Campbell from their online action centre
• Join the campaign for better transit at www.livableregion.ca
• Send E-mails to your MLA
(find contact info here: http://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm)
with a copy to transportation critic David Chudnovsky email@example.com
Here's a sample letter: "I urge you to oppose twinning the Port Mann Bridge and the major expansion of Highway 1 into Vancouver. Smarter in the short and long term would be, in my opinion, to put these monies into commuter programs and public transportation systems. We have to make the move away from single occupancy vehicle travel sometime. The sooner we start, the better."
Keep the pressure on to think long term sustainable.